with empathy, structure and creative solutions.
Development is what I do! I have been developing people and organisations for two decades and I cannot imagine a more exciting and fulfilling profession!
For the first 12 years of my career, I worked for a global consulting firm and led change projects for international corporations and organisations. I was strongly influenced by the changing challenges and issues, by the work in intercultural and mixed teams and by the high standards of quality and performance. In these years I worked at various locations in Germany and also spent periods living and working in Geneva, Sydney and New York. Having gone freelance in 2010, I now appreciate working on an individual basis with my clients, building long-term relationships and leaving behind my own fingerprint.
In the last few years in particular, three aspects have taken on greater significance for me in an increasingly complex environment:
- Co-creation: To create something really special, we need to team up with people who have entirely different strengths and perspectives. Besides, it’s a lot more inspiring and fun!
- Reflection: When we reflect on ourselves and our actions, we learn what’s important to us and where our strengths lie, we gain greater focus and we can further ourselves.
- Learning: We all possess the ability to learn new things, to acquire additional skills, to change our behaviour. We should use this ability to ensure that we remain relevant in the future.
I want to encourage people and equip them with success strategies so they can live a successful life on entirely their own terms. And I want to advise organisations on changing their cultural structures to move them a step closer to their vision.
- I live in Munich with my husband, son, daughter and two cats.
- I appreciate cultural diversity and find it refreshing to work with people from all over the world. In our family we speak English, as my husband is from New Zealand.
- I’m quick to find inspiration and I'm always open to fresh input of all kinds: concerts, exhibitions, books, cities, films... New stimuli are my source of energy.
- My number one passion is mountain sports: I love nothing more than a physically challenging excursion with magnificent scenery.
|since 2010|| Owner |
of Varchmin Consulting, München
|1998 – 2010|| Manager/project lead |
in the area of »Talent & Organization Performance«,
Accenture Management Consulting
|1992 – 1998|| Degree in economics |
with a focus on organisational psychology,
FU Berlin and LMU München
|1990 – 1992|| Vocational education as bank clerk |
Raiffeisen-Köpenicker-Bank eG, Berlin
- Introvision coaching (dehner academy)
- Certified Business Coach (dehner academy)
- Facilitator for LEGO Serious Play (Robert Rasmussen)
- NLP Practitioner (mindsystems)
- Business constellations (competence-on-top)
- Certified trainer for the DISC - personality model (Michl Group)
- Team development (competence-on-top)
- Facilitation of workshops and conflicts (competence-on-top)
- Train-the-Trainer (competence-on-top)
- Systemic coaching and supervision (Gesellschaft für systemische Therapie und Beratung)
- Leadership and leadership personality (diverse training providers)
I cooperate with other consultancies and training providers:
- change factory
- Financial services
- Non-profit foundation
- Public services